1 April, 2013
Summary: Green Wild Thyme Makes a Very Healthy Salad! Thyme has many health benefits and an intense flavor.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian – vegan
Number of servings (yield): 2
- 1 bunch of green Wild Thyme (can be replaced by savory or oregano)
- 1 very small onion (yellow or white) finely chopped
- 1/3 bunch of green onions finely chopped
- juice from 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 teaspoons of quality olive oil
- a dash of salt
Rinse then dry the wild thyme well.
Hand pick its tiny green leaves, especially those at the top of the stems. Discard the stems.
Finely chop the green and white onions.
Mix it all with the freshly squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, a dash of salt and enjoy!
Wild thyme has a strong bold flavor that tends to have a subtle hint of bitterness (aka healthy). We typically eat this salad with pita bread. We hope you enjoyed this recipe, and we look forward to your comments.