11 June, 2013
This is an old lebanese dish made with homemade fresh pasta, but you can replace it by ana pasta you wish to use.
- ½ cup of any pasta (macaroni, large noodles, fresh fetuccine pasta etc…)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup of dried green lentils well washed
- 6 cups of chicken broth or water
- 1 cup of chopped fresh coriander leaves
Boil pasta in salted water, al dente. Cool and strain then set aside.
Warm olive oil in a pot and add onions and garlic. Cook for 4 minutes.
Add the green lentils and the chicken broth (or water) and cook on low heat for around 45 minutes.
Add in the pasta and the coriander. Keep 1 tablespoon of coriander for garnish. Simmer in low heat for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat. Garnish with the remaining coriander and serve.