2 February, 2016
Loubieh B Zeyt
Loubieh B Zeyt – Vegan Green Beans
Loubieh B Zeyt is a vegan lebanese main dish that is usually eaten with pita bread and slices of raw onions on the side!
- 450 gr of fresh green beans (or frozen)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 8 cloves of garlic, cut in halves
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste (optional)
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- a dash of powdered cinnamon
In a saucepan, fry the onions in the olive oil until golden. Add the garlic then add the green beans. Cook until the beans wilt, then add the tomatoes and keep cooking. Add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer for another 12-15 minutes.