26 February, 2015
Lebanese Gourgane Beans
This is the lebanese version of this common breakfast that is not only delicious but also very nutritious; Gourgane beans are known to be very high in iron and proteins!
- 400g of dried gourgane fava beans soaked overnight and well cooked (or canned)
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- 1 medium finely diced tomato
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of cooked chickpeas (optional)
Mix well the lemon juice with the olive oil, the garlic and the salt. Add about a tbsp of parsley and mix again. In a salad bowl, mix the hot beans (and the chickpeas if desired) with the dressing. (You can mash about 1/3 of the beans so the sauce thickens). Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve hot and garnish with parsley and tomatoes. Drizzle again with some olive oil. Serve with spring onions and pita bread and… bon appétit!