1 April, 2013
Bazella W Rez
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
Number of servings: 6
- 2 cans of mixed peas and carrots, 450 grams/can or fresh equivalent.
- 300 g of round beef, cut into very small cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, dissolved in 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
In a cooking pot, heat the vegetable oil and fry the onions on high heat until golden and soft.
Add the garlic and meat cubes. Stir on medium heat until the meat is cooked.
Add the peas and carrots to the pot after draining them from the water in the can. Add salt, black pepper and the tomato paste then add enough water to cover the pot ingredients.
Cover the pot and let it simmer for 20 min on low heat.
Serve with lebanese vermicelli rice.